Girlfriend Magazine: My Thoughts



(Sorry for the UN-organisation of this post)

I recently bought the latest Girlfriend Magazine while I was at Woolworths XD
I haven't read a magazine in so long and I used to read Girlfriend when I was younger so naturally that was the one I chose.
The first article that drew my attention was the makeup one!
(Of course)

- The theme of the article is Beauty under $10
TBH I was kind of disappointed with this article. There was only ONE makeup item! (A glitter eyeliner).
There was 1 chapstick also.
2x Hair products
2x Body Cleansers
4x Nail Polishes.
1x Cosmetic Bag

- There was another makeup article on how to fix broken makeup. The info on the page was great however I was distressed by the image used.
The image was a dog with (what looked to be) Ziggy star dust-ish makeup. I couldn't help but relate the image to cosmetic testing on animals.

- I quite liked the skin care quiz they have. To help teens decide what type of skin they have and learn how to look after it.

- I found the fashion articles really interesting. I loved the under $80 section too!

- I also liked the youtube posters. I thought that was a nice change from the usual celebrity posters.

-I am loving the new theme of trying to help teens feel good about themselves and how they look. (E.g. Using non-edited photos in the articles)







Comments