ChiChi 5 Glamorous Looks to Go Review: Nudes










I recently purchased the ChiChi 5 Glamorous Looks To Go makeup set, and so I thought I would post a review!

On the Chi Chi website, this palette is described as "A clever make-up palette system containing 5 individual pop-out make-up palettes and a purse size travel compact case. Simply choose your required make-up palette, pop it in the travel case and you are ready to go!! The 5 colour stories include Nudes, Bases, Bronzes, Smokeys and Brights. Entire set contains 30 Glamorous Eyeshadows, 3 Blushes, 1 Bronzer, 1 Shimmer Highlighter and 5 Lip Gloss shades. ".
Here are my photos of the travel case:


I think the idea of this palette is brilliant and very useful.

I will be doing a seperate post for each block of makeup, so stay tuned for more! This time I will be looking at the 'Nudes' set (pictured below).

                                                                         Colours:
-I am really impressed with most of the colours in this set, I found all colours (excluding #2 and blush) to have a shimmer finish.

-I feel that while these shades are different, if you tried blending one into the other they would morph into one colour.

-While swatching I found my first problem with this palette. #1 barely shows up on my skin (you can't even tell it's there with the flash). That was disappointing for me as the colour looked really pretty in the box. I was quite suprised that the shadow turned out this way as I have swatched ChiChi's single pressed pigments in my local Target and I have always been impressed with the colour payoff. This leads me to believe they may have used a different (and cheaper) formula for this value set.

- As you can see in the swatches below #2+4 are a little bit streaky. Nothing major though.

- The lipgloss is a nice colour however I don't think I would personally pair it with the shades in the Nudes set.

- I'm not a fan of the blush colour on my skin tone and hair colour (I have a natural red colour). It brought focus to imperfections on my skin.


These shadows do last quite a while on the eyes, however I would still recommend using an eyeprimer first. The shimmer shades tend to crease on the eyelid if you aren't careful.


Purchase again?
No. I don't think I would purchase the Nude set (if they were sold individually) again. However if shade #3 was sold as an individual colour, I would consider buying it.


Thank you so so soo much for reading! It means so much to me!
The next set to be reviewed is "Smokey".

Kate
xox

Comments

  1. this looks really cool! I am actually yet to see this in store though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)