I try DIY Lipstick +My Thoughts

http://faceattire.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/diy-lipstick-my-thoughts.html#more






 I have recently seen the growing trend of making your own lipsticks. I believe this trend started on a pinterest post. In the pinterest post they used crayons to create lipsticks however I was not confident that putting crayons on my lips was entirely safe. So instead I used Vaseline and loose pigments.
I am very impressed with some of the results that I was able to achieve. A few of the colours I tried did not work as well as others.
I tried two types of loose pigments including Latonas HD pigment and Sugarpill loose pigments. All the lipsticks had a gloss finish although I found with the sugarpill lipsticks that if I patted my lips with a tissue it would become more matte. I imagine that the product I made would also be good for dry and damaged lips considering I used Vaseline. I would recommend this method for people on a very tight budget so you could have shadow and lip product. Although I think I will continue to buy lipsticks to use everyday.
Have a look at how the pigment and finish turned out with these pictures below:









Thank you so much for reading this!
Love Kate
xox

Comments