Ekka! Haul and blog.

http://faceattire.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/ekka-haul-and-blog.html#more

Welcome back to my blog! I will be sharing my Ekka experience in this photo heavy post!

Firstly I'd like to start with the makeup related haul! I originally was only going to buy the Model Co Cosmetics Showbag (how cool is the bag it all came in!) however the Girlfriend Magazine Showbag was half price so I ended up buying it too! My sister bought the Cleo Magazine Showbag and gave me her samples (included in picture).



Some Showbag info:
Model Co Cosmetics $25.
This showbag included a full size Model Co bag, matching makeup case, $25 voucher, Mascara, Lipgloss, Highlight Trio, Lip Pencil, More Brow, Face Wipes and Lip and Cheek Rouge.
Girlfriend Magazine Normally $20 paid $10.
This showbag included a overnight girlfriend bag (choice of 2 colours), the latest Girlfriend and Who Magazine, a Girlfriend Cosmetics Kit, Purple Scotch Tape, Mini yellow Chi Chi polish and heaps of samples!
I was able to catch both the fashion show and Soul Mystique! *Soul Mystique are quick change artists.
The incorporation of the circus, and circus performers in the fashion show was a really interesting take. I was worried it would distract from the beautiful outfits.. and it did. Although I did my best to try and keep and eye on the models!


There were some truly amazing displays at the Ekka this year! I absolutely adore the fruit art, I can only imagine how long they would have taken. The cakes BLEW ME AWAY! It was hard to believe most of them were even edible. My favourite is a two-way tie between the Mermaid and Halloween House (pictured below). How did they get the house to balance!?












A favourite Ekka activity (as well as getting the famous strawberry ice cream) is enjoying some bubble ice cream! Yes, all those tiny balls are balls of ice cream :D
There were so many more rides and sideshow games than I have ever seen this year! There was even a water ride :O
I think I walked past about 3 haunted houses and at least a million side show clowns.

Thanks so much for reading my post! I hope you had fun at the Ekka if you went!

Kate
xox

Comments

  1. What fun!!! Ive heard so many good things about tge Ekka! I hope me and my boys can get to it one year!! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)