Liquid to Matte lipsticks 101


http://faceattire.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/liquid-to-matte-lipsticks-101.html#more



As I'm sure you may have noticed, the new lipstick trend is Liquid to Matte Lipstick! This post will be about the good ones and the.. not so good ones..

What they do:
Liquid to Matte lipsticks apply like any liquid lipstick with great pigment. After a while (time depends on brand) the lipstick drys to a matte finish.

On the market: Highlight in bold are the products I have tried.
Australis Velourlips: Available online and instore

Lime Crime Velvatines: Available online

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick: Available online and instore

LA Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss: Available online and instore

Savvy Ultra Matte Lip Colour: Available online and instore

Rimmel Apocalips Matte Velvet: Available online and instore

MBA Matte Liquid Lip: Available Online

Chi Chi Liquid Matte Lipstick: Available online and instore

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid LipstickAvailable online

 Sleek Matte Me: Available Online

Boe Beauty Matte Lip Creams: Available Instore

*Please note if stated as Available instore, it is Available in an Australian store.

How I would rate them:
1. Australis Velourlips
2. Lime Crime Velvatines
3. Rimmel Apocalips Matte Velvet
4. Boe Beauty Matte Lip Creams
5. Chi Chi Liquid Matte Lipstick

*Lime Crime is associated with bad customer service, recently having their website un-secure resulting in customers loosing hundreds of dollars. I am not supporting Lime Crimes customer service, I do feel that they are good products however.

Lime Crime Velvatines
What I like: Packaging, pigment, colour range and durability.

What I don't like: Difficult to get off, chips on the inner corner of the lip when drinking beverages.
Savvy Ultra Matte lip Colour
What I like: Pigment, durability, texture and feel.

What I don't like: Smell (smells like house paint) and colour range.
Australis Velourlips
What I like: Smell, pigment, colour range and durability.

What I don't like: Drying, flakes off and sticky.
Rimmel Apocalips Matte Velvet
What I like: Finish, pigment and price.

What I don't like: Durability, smell and colour range.
Chi Chi liquid Matte Lipstick
What I like: Pigment, colour range and smell.

What I don't like: These do not dry matte at all.

Boe Beauty Matte Lip Creams
What I like: Price, colour range, smell.

What I don't like: Pigmentation and there is no matte finish.


Thank you so much for reading my article! I hope it helped!


Kate
xox 

Comments