My Experience: Theatrical Makeup Workshop with Karine Denoncourt

http://faceattire.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/my-experience-theatrical-makeup.html#more


Last month I attended a Theatrical Makeup workshop taught by the amazing Karine Denoncourt. Karine toured with Cirque Du Soleil teaching the performers how to do their makeup! Did you know all the performers have to do their own makeup before every show?

We were taught about expressing different emotions through makeup, mainly Happy and Sad. The workshop lasted a full day, the first half we was about the theory behind the makeup. After a lunch break our models came in and we attempted what we'd been taught! As we didn't have time to do a full happy and sad face makeup we divded our models face.

I seriously enjoyed this course and would recommend it to anyone interested in any form of makeup! While the makeup we did was quite bold, the basic principles were surprisingly the same.

Below an image of the flyer and of the makeup I applied to my model!
Thanks so much for reading.

Kate
xox

















Comments