Makeup Price Gap Australia vs US - How much more do we pay?




We all know Australians pay more when it comes to makeup but the difference we pay is often based on the individual company's mark up%. 

The first comparison I researched was an Australian retailer of the Real Technique brushes vs The Real Technique brushes website.  I understand that there is a shipping cost involved however when you are shipping in bulk it certainly does not cost $21.11 per brush!!! This result really disappointed me as I use priceline as a main source for my products. It's mark ups like these that make rip offs so much more appealing. (Kmart has recently launched a line of metallic brushes for around $13 each)


After being shocked by pricelines huge mark up I decided to compare companys who have both a US store and Australian store. One store has an insane mark up while the other is only putting shipping ontop of the cost, see if you can work out which is which (wink wink) 






I don't buy a lot of MAC makeup simply because of the price and to find out how much more I'm paying has really put me off purchasing again. Then we have the light at the end of the tunnel, Sephora. With a $3.04 price difference (that is probably just their shipping cost) they are staying true to their price match promise. Sephora has definitely moved up on my go to list. 

I hope you enjoy this short post and found it somewhat helpful and not too shocking. See you in the next post!





Comments