NYX Lip Lingerie: How to tell the difference between real vs fake

Hello and welcome back to my beauty blog! Today I'll be looking at the scary world of fakes! In particular the NYX Lingerie lipsticks. One of these I purchased at Priceline, full price. The other from Ebay for around $2AUD, can you guess which is which?.......... The pink tone is fake!


The amount of detail these rip-off product companies take into account is amazing(ly scary) and I'm going to be honest, I only found three differences in the packaging. The first one as pictured below is the barcode sticker. While your checking that out, see how the product info: ingredients, website etc are exactly the same! It's insane.


Comparing the front packaging, there's no difference at all, I'd be totally fooled! However when you open the product the real NYX lipstick opens easy with no friction. The fake squeaks and you can feel a lot of friction opening it.




The final difference I noticed is the sticker on top of the lid (the fake is on the left). The fakes font is very similar however it is printed much larger/ the sticker is askew.



Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my new post! I was insanely amazed at how similar the fake is to the authentic. Have you ever had a run in with a fake?

See you in the next post!

Comments