Why I don't like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting.

 Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm going to be discussing some of the reasons I wish I could refund the Hourglass Ambient powder..

This is definitely not going to be a popular opinion, the hourglass ambient powders are a cult favourite and loved across the beauty community.

 Let me start of by saying this is just my opinion of the colour DIM LIGHT. I haven't tried other colours apart from swatching in store . I hope to try "Ethereal Light - Cool translucent" and achieve better results. 

The main problem. 

While I'm not keen on the price the STAND OUT issue with the Dim Lighting powder is.. it's ORANGE. For a product that is found under "highlight" on stockists website it is anything but. If anything maybe I could use it has a bronzer however there is no shimmer or reflect.  When I apply it, it's a matte orange powder (see pictures below). Hourglass plz,

 


Why I'm having this issue
I feel that I am probably having this issue as I am extremely pale (Harley Quinn IRL). I'm used to products being way to dark and turning orange on my skin however I purchased the only colour available in travel size.. I wasn't willing to fork out $67AUD for a powder that might not work for me. However at $31AUD this was still no cheap drug store price! Which brings me back to wanting to try Ethereal Light - Cool translucent (I'll get back to you when I do).

The only other issue I have with this product is the price. It's got beautiful packaging, from a well known brand but it's $67AUD for a "highlighter" that is matte? Nah, I'll stick to other brands for my glow.
*I don't want to offend anyone with my opinions of this product, I just wanted to give an honest review and maybe save some money for fellow pale people or shimmer lovers.

Thanks so much for reading! Have you tried the ambient lights and had a different outcome? Or another so called "highlight" that didn't work for you? I'd love to know!

See you in the next post!

Comments