I tried buying Instagram likes.. Here's what happened

Hi all! I wanted to do something fun and a little bit silly for today's post. I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I bought some likes on Instagram. Let me start off by saying I do not buy likes on my instagram posts apart from these 2 photos for this experiment. 

I wanted to make sure I picked a "legit" site (I don't know how legit you can be when selling fake likes/followers) so I decided to use the same service Shane Dawson used in an older video. As I don't have the money to spend my budget was around $5. I ended up purchasing 500 likes split between 2 posts for a total of $6.60AUD


The amount of anxiety I had when I placed my order was insane! Questions like: Would this work? Was I getting scammed? popped into my head as I hit "pay now". I was pleasantly surprised to see that my order came through almost immediately with exactly 250 likes each post.

 I was unpleasantly surprised to see that the "real" likes I had purchased were easily spotted fake accounts. Most had 0 posts on their account and over half didn't even have a profile picture. 


  I can only hope that people who see this sudden increase of likes on these pictures also see this post. Overall I don't recommend buying likes (or followers). They are clearly fake and won't help you get more real engagement or grow your audience. I imagine most of these accounts will get picked up and deleted by instagram. 
Thanks so much for reading!

Comments