Top 6 best pale foundations for every budget



Just a few years ago, it was near impossible to find a foundation that was pale enough for my complexion. Nowadays companies have expanded their ranges be more inclusive, creating both lighter and darker shades. You know longer have to buy high end to ensure the right shade match. Below is my top 6 pale foundations ranging from $10.50 to $64 (AUD). 

 BUDGET
1. Australis Fresh and Flawless in Ivory: $19.95 

 Australis is a cruelty free Aussie brand, what's not to love? I own two of the Fresh and Flawless foundations because for the first time in my life, I found a shade that was too pale for me. The coverage of the foundation is medium and definitely build-able. The finish feels a little drying on my skin but I can counter that with some face oil drops on my beauty blender. 

HIGH END

2. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte in 100 Neutral Light $53

This foundation is totally worth the price tag. It has a great, build-able coverage with a beautiful semi-matte finish. Unlike other matte foundations I don't feel that this dries out my skin or highlights dry patches. The foundation dries down fast so you must work quickly to apply. 

 BUDGET

3. Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define in f1 $18

If you're looking for a bargain foundation that compares to high end, look no further than the conceal and define foundation. Not only is the shade my perfect match (ghostly white) but it has my favourite finish of this entire list. If you are looking for full coverage this foundation will require more than a single layer.


Tip: the matching concealer to this foundation is great too! It even comes in a jumbo size to save you extra $$$


HIGH END

4. KVD Vegan Beauty Lock It in Light 40 $57

Now that a person that will remain nameless, no longer profits from the sales of KVD vegan beauty I feel comfortable talking about the brand again. This was one of my first high-end, super pale foundations and has stayed in my favourites ever since. Lock It has a high coverage that hides just about everything. Like Fenty it dries fast and you've got to be quick to get the perfect blend. 

 BUDGET

5. Wet n Wild PhotoFocus in 360c Porcelain $10.50

Just because it's the cheapest, doesn't mean it's the worst on this list. PhotoFocus has a great medium coverage that is super build-able and a satin finish. I'd recommend always setting this foundation with a powder to help give it a better staying power. The one downside of this foundation is the smell. It smells a little like paint? If you're okay with that (I am) it is worth trying.

HIGH END

6. Beauty Blender Bounce in 1.10 $64 

I am very fond of my Bounce foundation however it would not be my favourite on this list (though it IS the most expensive). The packaging is super fun and innovative, I wish more brands would create something similar. The foundation has a medium build-able coverage that dries to a satin finish. My issue is the foundation can look a little cakey, especially if you are using a heavy hand. If you're like me and generally only use one layer of foundation, this shouldn't be an issue. 

Comments