W7 Neon palette review

 

Recently while at Chemist Warehouse I noticed a set of palettes that looked extremely familiar, just like the Huda Beauty neon range. The difference was these palettes only set me back $10 each! I couldn't resist buying one and I settled on the "orange" variation. As you can see below, it didn't swatch well. The colour of my swatches were very weak in pigment, particularly the shimmer/glitter shades.

I was much more impressed actually using the palette. While the shadows were still not the most pigmented shades I've ever used, they provided a lot more colour than my original expectations. I found the shimmer/glitter shades to be a great eyeshadow topper but they provided little substance on their own. The formula was blend-able however I found that the colours didn't stack well.
The packaging of the product is super cute and gives the feel of a higher end palette. If you already have a collection of makeup you know and love, this palette probably isn't for you. However, if you are new to makeup this could be a good option. Less pigmentation means mistakes are not as obvious. 
Personally I don't believe I'll be reaching for the matte shades often. I do however see myself using the shimmers as a topper to add some more dimension to my looks. 
Overall it's a cute palette that I will probably use in flat lays and as eyeshadow toppers. For the price you really can't complain however I won't be purchasing the other colour variations of the vivid palette collection.



Comments